A simple and easy to make Raw Mango thokku recipe. With the onset of summers raw mangoes are in abundance. This south Indian mango thokku tastes best when made in sesame oil. Find out how to make mango thokku. Goes well with hot idlis or steamed rice.
- 1/2 cup Raw Mango
- 1 tblsp Chana Dal
- 1 tblsp Urad dal
- 4 Red Dry Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 – 5 Garlic pods
- Water As Required
- Salt to taste
- 1 tblsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 7 – 8 Curry Leaves
How to make mango thokku:
- Dry roast both the daals, red chillies, ginger, garlic pods. Let them cool.
- In a grinder add all the ingredients including chopped raw mango and salt.
- Using very little water make a smooth paste.
- Dish out in a bowl.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. When they begin to crackle add the curry leaves.
- Pour this over the mango chutney. Mix well. Alternatively you put the chutney mixture in the tadka and cook till the oil separates.
- Serve with idlis and steamed rice.
- Stays well for over a month when refrigerated and stored in a dry jar.