- 1.25 kg Chicken
- 3 Mangoes
- 1 Spring Onion, smashed
- 3 tblsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Curry Paste
- 1 pod of Garlic
- 2½ tblsp Sugar
- 4 tblsp Mashed Mango
- 2 tsp Salt
- 4 tblsp Mango Chutney
- 10 Shallots, skinned and smashed
- 2 tblsp Water
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
How to make mango marinated chicken:
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix in salt and keep aside for half an hour.
- Mix in one tablespoon cornstarch to chicken and set aside Slice mangoes along each side of the stone to obtain 2 faces.
- Remove flesh and dice into cubes.
- Mash remaining bits of mango and set aside with juice for marinade.
- Mix mango chutney and mashed mango and juice and sugar.
- Marinate chicken in this sauce.
- Heat three tablespoons oil in a wok and saute the spring onion, shallots, and garlic.
- Add curry powder.
- Add marinated chicken and stir-fry thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook over low heat for another 10-12 minutes.
- If sauce is not thick enough, thicken by adding sauce thickener.
- Dissolve one teaspoon of cornstarch in two tablespoons of water to make sauce thickener.
- Add diced mangoes before serving.