Dal Makhani without onion garlic restaurant style is a super easy rustic recipe. It is unbelievable that restaurant style dal makhani can made at home so easily and does not require too many spices. People always wonder why is Dal Makhani is called Makhani. The reason being in the generous use of butter and cream and cooking on low flame for over an hour. In restaurants dal makhani simmers on the flame for hours before it is served. Simmering the dal makhani on low flame gives it a creamy “makhamali” texture just like “Makhaan” (butter) hence the name. This extra richness adds lots and lots of flavor and creaminess to the Dal Makhani. Hence the name “Makhani”.
Diwali is just here and you still have no ideas what gift to give for Diwali. Then you can consider these Top 10 kitchen appliances for Diwali gifts. These kitchen appliances are very contemporary and could make your life easier in the kitchen. Do check them out.
Dal Makhani Without Onion Garlic Restuarant Style | Dal Makhani Ingredients For Dhaba Style At Home
- Pressure Cooker / Insta Pot
- Kadai / Heavy Bottom Kadai
- Urad Dal (Whole Black Gram)
- Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)
- Kasoori Methi
Vinod 3 Litres Stainless Pressure Cooker
Heavy Bottom, Handi Shaped, Induction Friendly
A great Pressure Cooker which is great for cooking. Easy to clean. Dishwasher proof. Heavy built and durable. Absolute value for money.
- 200 gms Black Urad Dal
- 50 gms Rajma (Kidney Beans)
- 4 medium size Tomatoes
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder (For color)
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Badi Elaichi (Brown Cardamom)
- 1 1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tbslp Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tblsp Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)
- 4 tblsp Ghee
- 100 gms Amul Butter
- 100 ml Fresh Cream
- Salt to taste
10 Best Kitchen Gifts Set for Diwali 2022 that you can consider to gift your friends, relatives, neighbors, colleagues and loved ones. It could be Non-Stick 4 pc Set, 44 pc Dinner Set, Mini Bar Set with whiskey glasses , Decanter with Glasses and many more. Do check out.
How to Make Dal Makhani without Onion Garlic :
- Soaking the dal – Wash and soak the urad dal and rajma overnight. In case you forget to soak overnight or for 8 hours than you can wash and soak the dal and rajma in hot water for 1 – 2 hour and keep it covered.
- Next day, drain the water and in a pressure cooker add the dal, rajma, 1 moti elaichi (Black cardamom), salt and 5 cups of water.
- Now cook the dal for 7 – 8 whistles and then lower the flame and cook for 10 mins. Then switch off the flame and let the pressure release naturally.
- When you will open the pressure cooker the dal will be very soft to touch.
- Now make fine puree of tomatoes and green chillies.
- In a separate kadai or deep pan, add the ghee and heat it.
- Add the jeera. When the jeera begins to crackle add the Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder. Just stir it for few seconds and then add the tomato puree. Make sure the kashmiri red chilly powder does not get burnt.
- Let the puree cook for sometime till ghee begins to separate from the sides.
- Now add garam masala, red chilly powder and the dal.
- Stir it well and mix well till all the puree and dal is mixed properly. While mixing the dal mash it with the back of your ladle. This will give the dal a creamy texture.
- Now lower the flame and add 50 gms of butter and let it melt in the dal properly. Then cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 20 – 25 mins on low flame.
- In between stir the dal occasionally so that the dal does not stick on the bottom.
- If the dal is very thick then add 1/2 cup of warm water. Remember if ever you have to add water make sure it is hot / warm. Never use water at room temparature.
- Adjust the consistency and then add crushed kasoori methi and add the remaning 50 gms of butter. Let the butter get melted in the dal again.
- Again cover the pan and let the dal cook for another 15 – 20 mins. Stir it occasionally mashing the dal with the back of the ladle.
- By now the dal will get a creamy red color. Taste the salt and adjust the seasoning. Switch off the flame.
- Now add the cream and mix thoroughly in the dal. Do not cook the dal after adding the cream. The cream might cuddle and make the dal with white spots. Not a beautiful sight.
- Finally dish out the dal to a serving bowl. Garnish with some crushed fenugreek leaves and a tablespoon of butter.
- A very simple easy Dal Makhani with very few ingredients. Enjoy your favorite dal makhani without onion garlic restaurant style at home.
Diwali shopping is on full throttle. Now is the best time to buy that Triply Stainless Steel Kadai or Stainless Steel Storage Containers for Dal and other staples or Stainless Steel Dinner 101-Pc Set. Here are some of the Best Stainless Steel Utensils To Buy for Diwali 2022 that you can consider .
What To Serve With Dal Makhani :
- You can serve the dal makahani with Tandoori Roti, Naan, Ulte Tawa Ka Parantha, Amritsari Chur Chur Naan, Laccha Paratha.
- Along with it Sirke Wale Pyaz, Hari Chutney and Masala Papad.
- For rice you can serve Veg Biryani, Peas Pulao or Jeera Rice.
- For side dish you can serve – Shahi Paneer Without Onion Garlic, Paneer Butter Masala, Gobhi Masala, Dum Aloo, Jeera Aloo Restuarant Style.
5 piece Stainless Steel Serve Ware Set
Stainless Steel Body with Copper Bottom
An Essential Indian serve ware to serve Indian foods like Curries, Dal, Biryani & Condiments for an Authentic Indian Dining Experience. Includes 2 Kadhai, 2 Handi, 1 Bucket
Storage Tips :
- You can store the leftover dal makhani for 2 days in fridge. But it is very important to note if you plan to store it for few days then store it as soon as it comes to room temperature. Do not leave it outside for long hours. Dal makhani gets spoilt when kept out for long hours especially if the weather is hot and humid. Check out the section on reheating the dal.
Reheating Tips :
Try not to reheat this Dal directly over the gas. Either pop the leftovers into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 2 mins. When you see the bubbles stop the microwave and stir the dal once and again place it in the mircowave for 2 mins. This will ensure that the dal makahni gets hot from the inside too.
To heat on the gas stove. Heat few table spoons of water in a pan and then take out the amount of dal that you need. And keep the rest of the dal back immediately. Let the dal simmer for 4 – 5 mins on low flame. Keep stirring constantly. DO not heat on high flame as the dal may curdle.