- 1 pound Bhindi (Okra)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic paste or powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander paste or powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
How to make bhindi dopiaza :
- Cut the tip and the very bottom from the okra just to clean it, but do not slice.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except okra, tomato and cilantro. Cook for 3 minutes. Add okra, then cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish with tomato and coriander.
- Serve the bhindi bhaji with rice, naan or pita bread.