Indian style bread cutlet is delicious and liked by all kids. These bread cutlets can be served as party snack, packed for picnic or can be relished as an evening snacks.
Serves : 2
Cooking time : 45 mins
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger piece (chopped)
- 2 tblsp boiled peas (optional)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mange powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp oil
- 4-5 curry leaves (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 4 slices of bread (remove the brown edges)
- Oil for deep frying
How to make bread cutlet Indian style
- Remove the skin of the potato and mash it properly.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai/wok, add mustard seed and curry leaves. When mustard seeds start to splatter add mashed potatoes along with green chili, ginger, boiled peas, red chili powder, garam masla powder, dry mango powder and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and let it cook for 2-3 minute.
- When the mixture gets slightly cold start making small round balls it and keep them aside.
- Now take water in the wide bowl and dip a single bread slice into it just enough, that the bread gets wet and then immediately take them out and with a hand press, drain out the excess water from the bread slice.
- While still holding the pressed bread slice, place a potato ball in the center of the slice and let it cover the ball evenly. Then with a light hand press the ball flat and smooth out the edges.
- Prepare the balls of the remianing bread slices and keep aside
- Now heat oil for frying in a heavy bottomed pan, when the oil is smoky hot slow down the heat and fry two bread cutlet at a time. Then on medium flame fry them till golden in color from all sides.
- Take them out on the kitchen paper and sprinkle chat masala over it.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Note: 1. Remember to squeeze out all the water from the bread otherwise it will create splatter in the oil.
2. Also ensure that bread ball is closed from all sides. Otherwise the cutlet might break in the oil.
3. You can add some veggies like finely chopped carrot, beans, sweet corn and onion in the potato mixture.
4. You can give any shape to them – oval, ball or heart shaped. You can shallow fry them in a flat tikki form.