Indian potato bread rolls are a classic evening snack. They are easy to make and make a good tiffin snack or evening snack. It is so simple but tastes great with the soft spicy interior and crispy exterior. These Indian potato bread rolls can be made for picnics as well. They do not spoil and do not get soggy easily. Learn how to make Indian desi bread rolls.
- 2 Big Potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 7-8 Bread Slices
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 – 2 Green chilies (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder to taste
- 1/4th tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Chaat Masala (Optional)
- Oil for frying
How To Make Indian Bread Rolls:
- Add salt, chili powder, gram masala, chaat masala green chilies and coriander leaves to the mashed potatoes, mix well.
- Take some water in a bowl and dip a bread slice for few seconds.
- Squeeze the water from the bread by pressing between palms gently.
- Place a tbsp potato mixture over the damp bread and roll and seal the edges of the bread in such a way that the filling does not come out from any part of the bread. Roll it in your palms to get a smooth roll.
- Repeat the same process for making more rolls.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry on medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve the bread rolls hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.