3 – 4 green chillies chopped
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tblsp oil2 tbsps.
2 inch cinnamon
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 cup bengal gram, black (kale chane)1 cup
1 1/2 cup yogurt
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
4 tsp bengal gram flour (besan)
salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 medium sized onions
2 tsp chaat masala
2 -3 black cardamoms
1 cup coriander leaves chopped
2 tblsp pure ghee2 tbsps.
5 – 6 cloves
How to make chane jaiselmer ke :
- Soak bengal gram overnight in 4 cup water.
- Drain, mix in 6 cup of water and pressure stir fry till done.
- Mash the grams slightly.
- Heat up ghee and oil, mix in cumin seeds, when they crackle mix in the whole garam masala, fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in asafoetida and choped green chillies, sauté.
- Mix yogurt, gram flour, 1 cup water and dry spices and mix in to the sautéed whole garam masala.
- Keep stirring till it boils.
- Mix in the grams along with the water they were boiled in.
- Mix in salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot decorated with cut coriander leaves and onion rings.