Here is a very unique Bikaneri chana dal paratha recipe. These parathas are made with boiled chana dal that has been seasoned with masalas. They are great lunch box or tiffin recipes. Serve them hot with mango pickle or green chutney and butter. They are divine. Lets learn how to make Bikaneri chana dal paratha.
Chana Dal Paratha Ingredients:
1 cup Chana Dal
1 medium fine chopped Onion
1/2 inch copped Ginger
3-4 chopped Green Chilly
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
A pinch of Hing
1 tsp Amchur Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
Ghee or Oil for frying
1-2 tblsp chopped green coriander
Salt to taste
Atta Dough for paratha
How to make Bikarneri chana daal paratha:
- Soak the dal for 6 hrs. Drain it and boil it with salt and turmeric powder. Make sure not to overcook. The dal should retain its body.
- Or alternatiively you can boil the dal in a pressure cooker with a glassful of water. Wait for 1 whistle. Turn off the gas.
- Drain away the water and mash the dal coarsely.
- Heat ghee in a kadahi, add the dal paste and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add all the masala powders and chopped onion. Mix well.
- Swtich off the flame and let the mixture cool down. Add the chopped green coriander.
- When cool, use the mixture as stuffing for the parantha. Put on hot tawa and cook in ghee on both sides.
- Serve the chana dal paratha hot with preferred accompaniment like butter, curd or pickle or green chutney
- Note:You can use leftover chana dal also to make these paratha. They taste equally good.