Dhabe da meat is a restaurant style mutton cooked in onion garlic gravy. The texture of this gravy is very silky but it is spicy. The main trick to this dish is that it requires lots of cooking time. It is best devoured with tandoori roti, laccha paratha or naan. Lets learn how to make dhabe da meat.
Serves : 3- 4
Total Time: 2hrs
- 500 gms Mutton cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 Cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 2 large Onions finely chopped
- 6 -7 pod Garlic, crushed
- 1 inch Ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Degi Mirch (for color)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Green Chillies, deseeded and slit
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tblsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tblsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Whole Cardamom
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
How to make dhabe da meat :
- In a kadai heat ghee.
- Add mutton pieces and fry for 5 – 6 minutes till they are brown. Remove the pieces and set it aside.
- Now to the remaining ghee and add bayleaf, cumin seeds, cinnamon, clove and whole cardamom.
- Add onions and saute till onions look translucent. Then add kashmiri degi mirch.
- Add garlic, ginger and chopped green chillies. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Now in a small bowl add turmeric, coriander and little water and make a paste.
- Add the paste in the cooking pot and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- Now reduce the heat to low and add the fried mutton pieces
- Cover the kadai and simmer one hour or till the mutton is almost done
- Remove the cover, add the tomato puree, garam masala powder and red chilly powder.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for another 5 minutes
- Check the seasoning and adjust the salt.
- Dhabe ka meat is ready to be served with tandoori roti and lacche wala onion salad.