1 tblsp garlic paste
5 green chillies chopped
2 bay leaves
500 gms spinach
salt to taste
1 tblsp garam masala whole
4 tblsp oil
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tblsp ginger paste
500 gms mutton
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup onions sliced
How to make palak gosht :
- Clean, wash and cut lamb into even sized pieces.
- Boil spinach in salted boiling water for one minute.
- Remove well and grind it along with green chillies to a rough paste.
- Heat up oil in a thick bottomed pan.
- Mix in bay leaves, whole garam masala and cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds begin to change colour, mix in cut onions.
- Stir fry till onions are translucent.
- Mix in ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder and then mix in lamb pieces.
- Stir fry on high flame heat up stirring constantly.
- Mix in three cup of water and stir fry covered until lamb is almost done.
- Mix in salt and spinach and stir fry till lamb is fully mixed with spinach and tender.