- 1 cup boiled palak
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 ” ginger garted
- 3-4 green chilies
- Pinch asafetida (hing)
- Salt as per taste
- Water for mixing
- Oil for making dosa
How to make palak chilla:
- First make the puree of the palak. You can make this puree well in advance. It can stay for 2 days.
- In a bowl mix together rice flour, besan, ginger, palak puree, hing, salt and chopped green chillies. Now add water little by little and make a fine batter for the dosa. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat a non stick tawa. Keep the flame low. Now pour about 4 tblsp of batter and spread it in circular motion on the tawa with the help of a ladle to make a circular chilla. The thickness should be that of a roti/crepe.
- when the top side starts to get dry pour few drops of oil from all sides. Check the lower side if it has turn slightly brown flip the side and now cook the other side. Keep pressing the chilla occasionally with a flat spatula.
- When brown, serve these palak chillas hot with green chutney/ tomato sauce.