- 50 grams Moong Dal
- 1 tblsp fresh Curd
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Gram Flour (besan)
- A pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tblsp chopped coriander
- A pinch sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
How to make moong dal panki:
- Soak the moong dal in water for 2 hours. drain.
- Grind with the fresh curds and green chilies.
- Add the gram flour, asafoetida.
- Grease banana leaves lightly.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture on one leaf and cover with another leaf. Roast on a tawa (griddle) until brown spots appear on both sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.