- 1/2 cup Moong Dhuli Dal
- 1 cup Dalai
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped Palak (Spinach)
- 1 tblsp chopped Ginger
- 1/2 tblsp chopped Garlic
- 2 tblsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
How To Make Dalia Dal Palak Khichdi:
- Wash the dalia and dal and soak them together in water for 30 – 60 mins.
- When it is time to cook, heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the jeera (cumin seeds) and when they begin to splutter add the chopped onions and ginger.
- Once the onion is pink and translucent add the chopped palak and stir-fry on high flame for a minute or two, simmer and allow it to sweat out the water.
- Once the palak (spinach) gets squishy add the turmeric powder, salt, soaked dalia and dal. Add 4 cups of water. Put the lid on and give 6 – 7 whistles.
- Then switch off the pressure cooker and let the pressure release naturally.
- Open the cooker and with the help of the ladle mash the dalia and dal mixture.
- In a separate pan heat some more ghee and add garlic rounds and when they are brown in color add the red chilly powder, stir once and then pour on the khichdi.
- Serve it as a meal by itself with a pickle of your choice, dahi and papad.