A methi thepla is a wholesome meal. Gujarati methi thepla is wheat flour roti spiced and fresh methi added. They are perfect for travel , lunch boxes, breakfast and evening snacks. The best part is that they do not spoil very fast so one can prepare them in advance and store them. Learn how to make methi thepla.
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 2 crushed Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Haldi (turmeric)
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Ajwain 1 pinch Hing
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Methi Leaves
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
How to make methi thepla :
- Put wheat flour in a flat vessel bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients int it including the methi leaves.
- Add 1 tsp oil and knead it. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Then make even size small balls of the dough.
- Roll them separately with a rolling pin into a round shape.
- Heat the griddle and roast each of the rolled out theplas one byone.
- First roast one side,turn it upside down.
- Then put 1/2 tsp oil on the turned side and again it upside down.
- Repeat the same with the other side.
- When evenly roasted remove it from griddle.
- Repeat this for all the balls.
- Serve the gujarati methi thepla hot with chundoo or chutney or curd.
What to eat with Methi Thepla:
There are many things to devour with methi thepla. They are perfect for long journeys and picnics and lunch boxes too.
- Aam Ka Meetha Chundo
- Jhol Waale Aloo
- Mango Pickle
- Plain Curd
- Aam Ki Launji
- Lemon ka pickle
- Definitely Tea