Moong dal chilla with paneer stuffing is very High in Protein. It is highly nutritious because the green dal skin adds fibre to the diet. Moong dal chilla is a simple recipe made from a batter of minced moong dal and onions and tomatoes. Though easy to make these green moong dal cheela with paneer filling tastes awesome. It is a healthy breakfast option.
Sabut Moong Dal Cheela with Paneer stuffing
- Sabut Moong Dal
- Green Chilli
- 1 cup washed split Green Gram (moong dal)
- 1 green chili
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger
- 200 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil (to make chillas)
How to make moong dal chilla:
- Wash and soak the moong dal for 2 hours.
- Drain the dal and grind them along with green chili and ginger.
- Add little water to get pouring consistency. Beat well.
- Add salt and red chili powder to the batter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, crumble the paneer with fingers and add coriander leaves, onion, tomato and salt to it. Mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the griddle / tawa. Spread little oil and then spread the batter like dosas and fry from both sides using little oil.
- Once golden, place 1 – 2 tblsp of paneer stuffing in the center.
- Serve moong dal chilla with paneer stuffing with tomato sauce and green chutney.