Here is a recipe for leftover dal paratha. Perfect recipe for breakfast – Leftover dal paratha served with butter, spicy pickle or green chutney and hot cup of tea. This makes good use of the bachi hui dal. It can be any dal – green moong dal, arhar dal, chana dal, moong dhuli dal or panchratan dal. It tastes awesome. There are many varaitions possible for this leftover dal paratha. You can add chopped hara dhania, chopped fresh methi, chopped fresh palak or even bathua. Read along to know more how to make leftover dal parantha.
Leftover Dal Parantha | Daal ka paratha
- Leftover Dal
- Atta (Whole Wheat)
- Chopped Onion
- 1 cup Any Leftover Dal
- 2 cups Whote Wheat Atta
- 1 tbsp Besan
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 – 3 chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp coarsely pounded Coriander Seeds
- 1 – 2 tblsp Fresh dhania chopped
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Oil For shallow frying
How to make paratha with leftover dal:
- In a deep bowl mix all the ingredients except oil and water.
- Mix everything and make a dry dough with only the dal. Do not add water in the beginning.
- Once the flour comes together, then little by little add water and make a soft dough.
- Now refrigerate the dough for 30 mins.
- Then take out and make small even size balls of the dough.
- Flatten each ball and roll them in a round roti using a rolling pin.
- Now put on heated tawa.
- Roast them on medium heat using a little ghee/ oil till golden on both side.
- When both the sides cooked. Take them off the flame
- Serve the leftover dal paranthas hot with curd and your favourite pickle.