Easy bread upma recipe when you are tired of regular breakfast items. This bread upma is a quick fix recipe when you are in a hurry or when your kids demand something in the evening. Spicy and tangy this is an easy recipe. This is perfect recipe when you have leftover bread. Learn how to make leftover bread upma.
- 8 – 10 Bread Slices
- 1 big onion
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 tsp grated Ginger (Adrak)
- 7 – 8 fresh Curry Leaves (kari)
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 – 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make leftover bread upma for breakfast :
- Chop the onions and tomatoes. Roughly break the bread into small pieces and keep aside.
- Take a big pan / kadhai, heat the oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds begin to spultter.
- Add the curry leaves, ginger and onions.
- Cook the onions for 2 – 3 minutes and then add turmeric, green chillies, salt and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook till the tomatoes get soft but not mushy.
- Now add the bread pieces.
- Mix well and fry for 3 – 4 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Bread upma is ready. Serve it with tomato ketchup.