Rajgira also known as Amaranth. Amaranth flour is Gluten free. It is a power house of nutrients. It contains more than three times the average amount of calcium also high in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and it is the only grain which contains Vitamin C. You can make rajgira poori and enjoy with aloo ki sabji, cucumber raita or falhari paneer ki sabzi too.
Rajgira Ki Poori | Amaranth Poori | Rajgira Aloo Puri
- 1 cup Rajgira Flour (Amaranth)
- 1/2 cup boiled grated Potatoes
- Pinch of salt
- Oil or ghee for frying
How to Make Rajgira Ki Poori :
- Mix boiled grated potatoes, salt and rajgira flour together in a bowl. Do not add any water.
- Now add water little by little so that it starts come together and forms a dough.
- Let it sit for 4-5 mins and then mix again and knead to a pliable dough.
- Take small lumps and roll out into small discs about 3-4″ .
- Deep fry in ghee or oil. They will puff up flip and fry till a lovely rusting tinge is obtained.
- Drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Serve with a nice falahari paneer subzi or aloo ki Subzi and raita.