Indian moongphali ladooes are made by cooking the mixture of rice and coconut with jaggery. Learn how to make Moongphali Ladooes.
1 cup Rice (chawal)
2/3 cup Coconut (nariyal) (scraped)
2/3 cup Pressed Rice (poha)
1 1/3 cup Jaggery (gud) (grated)
1/3 cup Coconut (nariyal) Milk
A pinch Salt (namak)
1 drop Yellow Colour
Ghee to fry
How to make moongphali ladoo:
- Take rice and soak them in water for a few hours.
- Drain the water.
- Add scraped coconut and pressed rice and grind it with rice to make a thick paste.
- To the mixture add coconut milk, jaggery, salt and yellow colour.
- Mix them well and leave it for atleast 10 hours so that it is fermented.
- Take the appam griddle on high flame and then lower down the flame.
- Put a spoonful of ghee and drop batter in each dent.
- When it is golden brown remove from the heat and serve.