Shahi tukde recipe is a good old time dessert. It is a very popular sweet dish. Shahi Tukde recipe is easy to make just follow the steps.
1/4 cup fresh cream
4 tblsp sugar
1 tsp green cardamom (chhoti elaichi) powder
100 gms khoya
1 tblsp sunflower seeds (chironji)
2 cup milk
2 strands saffron
pure ghee for frying
few drops of kewra and rose (gulab) essence
1 handful cashewnut (kaju) chopped
6 slices bread
3 silver foil
few rose (gulab) petals
How to make shahi tukde:
- Cut each bread slice into two.
- Fry the bread pieces in ghee till golden brown.
- Assemble the fried breads on a plate.
- Heat up milk, add the sugar and saffron and a few drops of essence.
- Pour over the bread slices.
- Allow the bread to soak up the milk, then assemble the bread pieces on a decorative plate.
- Heat up two teaspoon of ghee and lightly fry the crushed mawa, cardamom powder and two teaspoons of sugar.
- Spread the mawa layer over the soaked bread pieces.
- Mix in essence to the cream.
- Cover the mawa with a cream layer and decorate with silver foil, cut cashewnut, chironji and rose petals.
- Serve warm or cold as you like.