Sitaphal rabdi is a very new age dessert. Lean how to make sitaphal rabri and impress your family and friends.
2 litres whole milk
1 tsp chopped red rose (gulab) petals
4 almonds (badam)
1/4 tsp saffron (kesar) strands
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
3/4 cup sugar (cheeni)
1 cup sitaphal (Custard Apple) pulp
4 green pistachios unsalted
How to make sitaphal rabdi:
- Chop finely almond and pista.
- Boil milk in a heavy pot.
- Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for ten minutes, after it starts boiling.
- Stir while boiling.
- Mix in sugar and stir till dissolved.
- Take off fire, mix in saffron, cardamom, almonds, pista.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Mix in sitaphal pulp, chill for 3-4 hours till very cold.
- Pour the mixture in individual serving bowls and decorate with rose petals.
- Serve chilled.