Motichor ladoo is one sweet which is an integral part of the Indian desserts. Mootichor ladoo are mainly used in pujas. Here is a simple motichor ladoo recipe. Lets learn how to make motichor ladoo.
1/3 cup ghee (clarified butter)
1tblsp pistachios (pista)
few drops orange (santra) colour
pure ghee for frying
1tblsp raisins (kishmish)
A pinch baking powder
1/2 kg sugar (cheeni)
1/2 kg bengal gram flour (besan)
How to make motichoor ladoo:
- Sieve gram flour with baking powder so that it mixes well.
- Mix in 2 tblsp of melted ghee and enough water to make a batter of thick consistency.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai and with a perforated (holes) spoon drop boondis in ghee.
- Rub the batter on the spoon with holes (slotted spoon) so that small drops of batter drop in oil, simultaneously tap the spoon on the rim of kadhai also.
- Fry boondis till golden brown, remove and keep aside.
- Meanwhile make three string (3 tar ki chashni) consistency sugar syrup mix in colour.
- Put the fried boondis in this syrup, mix in the raisins and cut pistachios.
- When mixture cools down slightly use buttered hands to make ladoos.