- 4 cup Whole Milk
- 4 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 tblsp dried Milk Powder
- 6 tblsp powdered Sugar (Cheeni)
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 sheets Edible Silver Foil (Varq)
How to make milk burfi:
- Heat the milk slightly and curdle it by adding the lemon juice.
- Then hang it up in a muslin cloth to drain for 3 hours.
- The milk solids are turned into cheese now.
- Kneed this well with the milk powder and sugar.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy pan and add the cheese mixture.
- Stir-Fry over very low heat until the ghee separates.
- Remove form the heat and mix in the cardamom powder.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Knead again to blend.
- Pat into a flat cake and cool completely.
- Cut into squares and decorate with silver foil.