Moth dal recipe is very easy and simple to follow. This sabut moth ki dal without soaking has a simple procedure. You pressure cook the dal on high flame for 6 – 7 mins and then reduce the flame and cook for 10 mins on low flame. Let the the pressure release naturally otherwise the dal might not get cooked properly. Also once you open the cooker take a ladle and stir the dal while pressing the ladle on the side of the cooker. This meshes some of the dal and gives a very good consistency to the dal.
Serves : 3- 4
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 cup Sabut Moth Dal
- 1 Green Chilly
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 2 – 3 Garlic Pods
- 1 tblsp Ghee or Oil
- 1 tblsp Green Coriander
- Salt To Taste
How To Make Moth Dal Without Soaking:
- Wash the dal and pressure cook the dal with salt, turmeric, 3 cups of water and slit green chilly. Generally it takes 6 – 7 whistles on high and then 10 mins on low flame.
- Let the pressure release naturally. When you open the pressure cooker take a ladle and stir the dal while pressing the dal to the side of the cooker with the back of the ladle. This gives nice consistency to the dal. You can even use a pav bhaji masher.
- Then for the tadka take a pan.
- Heat ghee in it, add the jeera.
- When the jeera begins to crackle, add chopped garlic.
- Stir fry the garlic till it is dark brown in color.
- Now add the red chilly powder and immediately pour of the dal.
- Close the lid for the tadka to absorb the flavour.
- Then serve the moth dal in a dish garnished with chopped green coriander and dash of lime.
- Enjoy sabut moth with hot roti or jeera rice.
- Note: You can even add chopped tomatoes while cooking the dal. This adds a little zing to the dal.