Bhindi curry is made by adding a little gravy to the traditional bhindi dish. Learn how to make Indian bhindi curry. This a simple Indian okra curry recipe. Bhindi curry can be served with chapati or rice.
- 1 kg Bhindi(okra)
- 1 large sized onion (chopped)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tblsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
How to make bhindi curry:
- Wash and dry bhindi.Cut them in two halves
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai.Add cumin seeds to it and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.Fry till they are golden brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes,turmeric powder,red chilly powder, coriander powder and mix well.Let it cook till the oil separates.
- Add little water and let it simmer.
- Now add the cut bhindi,alt and garam masala and cook till bhindi is done.
- Serve hot okra curry with chapatis.