Bhindi Ka salan is a cooked like a stew in sweet and sour gravy.Learn how to make bhindi ka salan. It is a very popular Hyderabadi dish.
- 500 gms bhindi
- 3 medium sized onions (sliced)
- 1 tomato (pureed)
- 2-3 dry red chillies(broken in half)
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp tamraind pulp
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
How to make bhindi ka salan:
- Wash and dry the bhindis. Cut in two halves nad stir fry in little oil. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan with a thick bottom.Add sliced onions and ginger garlicpaste.Fry till golden brown.
- Add the pureed tomato and mix well.Cook it till the masala is brown. Remove it and let it cool.Then grind it by adding little water to make apaste and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a wok or kadai and add mustard seeds and peppercorns.Let them splutter.Then add dry red chillies.Now add the onion tomato paste andtamarind pulp and mix well.
- Add adequate amount of water to form a gravy and let it cook on low flame. Then add stir fried bhindi and cook till the bhindis are done.
- Serve hot.