Here is a delicious and mouth watering Mutter/Peas Kochuri from the bengali cusine. People love to have this for their breakfast or for evening snacks. Enjoy it with aloo subzi or green dhaniya(Coriander) chutney.
1/4 tsp salt
3 tblsp ghee (melted)
1 cup refined flour
1/4 kg Peas (shelled)
1 inch Ginger
4 small Green Chillies
4 tsAniseeds (saunf)
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
Salt to taste
Ghee to deep fry
How to make koraishutir kochuri :
- Sift the flour with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Mix in 2 tblsp of ghee and knead to a soft dough.
- Grind the peas, ginger, green chillies and aniseeds to a fine paste.
- Fry the asafoetida till light brown.
- Mix in the peas paste and salt.
- Fry well till the paste is cooked.
- Take off from heat up and let it cool.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Press each ball in the centre and fill it with the pea mixture.
- Close the opening well and flatten.
- Roll out as for puris.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai.
- Deep fry the puris on low heat up till golden brown.
- Remove and serve hot.