1 tblsp ghee
4 -6 green chillies slit
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tblsp coriander powder
3 bay leaves
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 – 4 tsp sugar
250 gms bengal gram divide (chana dal)
1 tblsp cumin powder
salt to taste
1 tblsp raisins
How to make cholar dal :
- Wash the dal and boil with 4 cup of water.
- Mix in turmeric, cumin, garam masala, and slit green chillies.
- Mix in salt and sugar to taste.
- Mix well and stir fry till the time the dal is soft and thick.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai.
- Mix in bay leaves and garam masala.
- When it stops spluttering mix in it to the dal.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cut the coconut into small dices and fry in ghee till light brown.
- Mix in this to the dal and stir.
- Serve hot along with luchi.