This Tauk dal is a sweet and salted yellow lentil (dal). This is quite a popular bengali dish.
1 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp onion seeds
250 gms pigeon pea divide (arhar dal)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 medium raw mangoes
4 -6 green chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp sugar
How to make tauk dal :
- Wash, take off and cut the mangoes into 6-8 pieces lengthwise.
- Wash the dal and boil with 4 cup of water.
- Mix in turmeric and stir.
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Mix in raw mangoes, green chillies and salt.
- Stir fry till the time the mangoes are soft but not mushy.
- Mix in sugar and stir.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai and mix in onion seeds.
- When they stop crackling pour out this over the dal.