Here is a delicious and mouth watering signature bengali chanar dalna dish made with fresh and soft paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) and other spices. Enjoy this recipe at home.
1 tblsp ghee
250 gms cubed cottage cheese (paneer)
1 medium cubed potatoes
oil for frying
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger paste
2 – 3 green chillies
salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp cumin seed paste
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 cup water
How to make chanar dalna :
- Heat up oil and fry the potatoes lightly and keep aside.
- Fry the paneer in the same oil and put it in warm water.
- Heat up the ghee in a vessel, mix in the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Mix in the cumin paste mixed with a little water, ginger juice and turmeric powder.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the potatoes, green chillies, garam masala powder, sugar and salt and cover and stir fry till the potatoes are tender.
- Take off the paneer from the water and mix in to the potatoes.
- Mix in milk and the remaining water and allow it to simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.