1 tsp green cardamom power
500 gms refined flour (maida)
250 gms cottage cheese (paneer/chana)
ghee for frying
2 cup sugar
How to make chanar bara :
- Mash paneer well.
- Mix one tblsp of ghee with the flour.
- Mix milk a little at a time.
- There should be no lumps.
- The batter should be rather thin.
- Now, mix in the mashed paneer.
- This will thicken the batter.
- Lastly, mix in the powdered cardamom.
- The batter, finally, must be of medium thick consistency so that it can easily be dropped from a spoon.
- Make syrup of one string consistency with the sugar and 11/2 cup of water.
- Heat up ghee in a kadhai.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter and fry till golden.
- Soak in the syrup for at least two hours.