1 cup water
2 -3 drops lemon colour
1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
a few strands saffron
250 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
2 tblsp refined flour (maida)
100 gms condensed milk (unsweetened)
1 cup sugar
How to make chum chum :
- Melt sugar in water and heat up to make a thin syrup.
- Knead the paneer with flour and shape into oval shaped fingers, mix in them to the sugar syrup and boil for eight minutes.
- Take off from heat up and mix in lemon color to the syrup.
- Cool for a while and take off the chum-chums from the syrup.
- Mix in saffron and cardamom powder to sugarless, creamy, condensed milk.
- Spread this on each piece and serve.