Here is a simple vankaya pachadi Andhra style recipe. This vankaya pachadi is very spicy and tangy made with roasted brinjal and seasoned with tadka. It is a very simple yet tasty chutney, liked by all. Easy to make and requires very few ingredients. This is the recipe for Andhra brinjal pachadi for rice which Andhrites devour a lot. Lets learn how to make easy vankaya pachadi Andhra style.
Vankaya Pachadi Ingredients:
3 tsp oil
2 pieces Eggplants, chopped
2 pieces ripe Tomatoes, chopped
5 green chilies, chopped
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai dana)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
3tsp dry coriander seeds (sabut dhania)
8-9 dry whole red chilies
Small ball of tamarind
Salt to taste.
For the Tadka
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
A small bunch of curry leaves
How to make vankaya pachadi Andhra style:
- First of all, soak the ball of tamarind in a cup of water.
- Now heat oil in a pan and let splutter for half a minute the fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry coriander seeds and whole red chilies.
- Take this off the heat, let it cool and grind into a paste.
- Now in the same remaining oil, fry the chopped eggplants, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Take aside and grind this also in a paste.
- You should now slowly mix both the pastes uniformly
- Now take the tamarind ball and mix with water evenly.
- Once done, sieve this entire tamarind paste to take of any seeds and get a smooth tamarind water.
- Now mix this tamarind water and salt in the previously made mixture of tomatoes, eggplants and spices.
- Once this is done, you should again heat oil in a small pan and put the mustard seeds, garlic and curry leaves in it and let it splutter.
- Add this tadka to the vankaya pachadi.
- This is the recipe for Andhra brinjal pachadi for rice.