Sorakaya curry recipe Andhra style is a very easy, delicious and super healthy. This South Indian recipe of making bottle gourd makes this dish very tempting. Lets learn how to make bottlegourd curry andhra style.
Sorakaya Curry Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup chopped Sorakaya (Bottle Gourd)
1 tblsp Tamarind Pulp
2 tblsp Bengal Gram ( Chana Dal)
1 tsp chili powder (Laal Mirch Powder)
1/4 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
1/4 tsp Asafeotida
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 whole dry red chilies
a small bunch of curry leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
1 tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methidana)
How to make sorakaya curry andhra style:
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafetida. Now add cumin fenugreek and mustard seeds.
- Once they stat spluttering, add the whole red chilies.
- Now put in the onions and fry them till they are golden in color.
- To this add turmeric and Bengal Gram and fry well. Add 1 cup of water and let the dal cook.
- Once done add the sorakaya pieces. Cook till sorakaya gets fully cooked but is not mushy.
- Now you should add the tamarind pulp. Once the water starts boiling, add curry leaves and chili powder.
- Garnish the bottlegourd curry with coriander and serve hot with rice.