A super delicious easy to make mamidikaya puliohra andhra style recipe. Mamidikaya Pulihora means raw mango rice. An Andhra delight- tangy flavor of raw rice mixed with boiled rice. During the mango season it is a favorite in all Andhra households. Delicious and light – it is a perfect accompaniment in an Andhra meal.
Serves : 2
Cooking Time : 15 – 20 minute
Raw Mango Andhra Rice Ingredients :
1 big Raw Mango
2 cup cooked/boiled Rice
1 tblsp Chana dal
1 tblsp Urad dal
1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai Dana)
2 – 3 Green Chilies (Hari Mirch)
1 tblsp Peanuts
A bunch of curry leaves
1 tsp turmeric (Haldi Powder)
Salt to taste
How to make mamidikaya pulihora andhra style:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the peanuts. Keep aside.
- In the same pan and add the mustard seeds, slit green chilies, curry leaves, urad dal, chana dal, fried peanuts, grated raw mango and turmeric powder.
- Add the rice to this and mix well.
- Add salt suiting to your taste and serve hot.
- Tip To give it a slight twist add lots of asafoetida/ hing and 1/2 tsp of sugar too.