Here is a simple kothimeera pachadi recipe. Green coriander chutney flavored with tamarind is perfect to go with dosa and idli. Lets learn how to make kothimeera chutney Andhra style to add that freshness to the meal. Kothimeera or green coriander is loaded with goodness of folate, potassium, manganese and anti-oxidants. Have this kothimeera chutney with meals and you can fulfil your daily dose of iron easily.
Kothimeera Pachadi Ingredients:
2 cup chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
5 Red Chilies (Sabut Laal Mirch)
1/4 tsp Asafeotida (Hing)
Medium sized ball of tamarind (Imli)
1 tsp oil
2 tsp Urad Dal
1 tsp Mustard Seeds ( Rai Dana)
Salt to taste
How to make kotthimeera pachadi:
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida, urad dal and whole red chilies in it.
- Take them out and keep aside once they start spluttering.
- In the same oil, fry the mustard seeds and keep them aside separately.
- Now in a mortar and pestle, grind the coriander leaves, tamarind and the fried urad dal mixture or you can even grind it in a mixie. To this chutney, add salt to your taste and the fried mustard seeds.
- Store this kothimeera chutney in a jar and refrigerate for later use.