Here is a very simple recipe of moong dal payasam andhra style. Pesara pappu payasam is like a kheer of moong dal which is sweetened with jaggery. Moong dal is the healthiest of all dal. As it requires very little time to cook this payasam gets cooked pretty fast.The addition of jaggery makes the taste of this pesara pappu payasam super divine. It is a simple Andhra sweet which requies very few ingredients. Lets learn how to make moong dal payasam andhra style.
Moong Dal Payasam Ingredients:
1 tblsp ghee
1 cup dhuli moong dal
1/2 cup finely grated coconut
1 cup jaggery, crushed
2 tsp elaichi powder
2 – 3 tblsp crushed walnuts, almond slivers and broken cashew pieces.
How to make pesara pappu payasam andhra style:
- First wash the moong dal and keep aside.
- In a deep, heavy bottom kadai heat ghee and roast the moong dal till you can smell a sweet flavor.
- Now add the jaggery and let it melt.
- Mix well and fry till the dal is done and it looks like a smooth mixture.
- Now add the elaichi powder and mix well.
- Take off the heat, garnish with grated coconut and almonds and serve hot.