Here stuffed kakarakaya Andhra style recipe. This Andhra style Kakarakaya recipe is a simple bitter gourd stuffed with a tangy stuffing of onions and deep fried. Kakarakaya are super healthy and full essential nutrients. Being bitter in taste it makes it difficult to eat them. But here is a simple andhra recipe of stuffed kakarakaya which will make your lunch or dinner super nutritious.These stuffed bittergourds are tasty when consumed with hot paranthas.
7-8 pieces of bitter gourd
2 onions made into a paste
1 tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp amchoor powder
1 tblsp oil + Oil for deep frying
How to make stuffed kakarakaya Andhra style:
- Wash the kekarakaya and slit lengthwise.
- Remove all the flesh from inside and make hollow.
- Deep fry them and keep aside
- Now in a wok heat 1 tblsp oil and put in the onion paste.
- Once they become brownish in color add the spices and salt
- Roast well till oil separates.
- Fill this mixture into the kekarakayas and serve.
- This is the recipe for stuffed bitter gourd Andhra style.