Bendakaya fry Andhra style is generally a favorite among most fussy eater. Here is a simple, easy and quick to make recipe for Bendakaya fry Andhra style. Its slightly hot but you can adjust the spice levels. This bendakaya fry is a life saver when you are in a rush and want to prepare something in a jiffy. You can prepare the spice mix well in advance and keep it in the fridge. You can use the same spice mix with any other South Indian style dishes.
Serves : 2
Cooking Time : 30 – 40 minute
1/2 kg Bendakaya (bhindi), chopped into small pieces
2 tblsp Peanuts
3 tblsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tblsp Jeera
1 tsp Salt
1 tblsp Roasted Gram Dal
4 tblsp Grated Dry Coconut
4 – 5 Garlic Cloves
4 – 5 tblsp Oil
Handful Curry Leaves
How to make bendakaya fry andhra style:
- In a mixer-grinder , add together red chilli powder, jeera, salt, roasted gram dal, garlic cloves (with the husk) and dry grated coconut. Grind to a semi coarse mixture. Our spice mix is ready.
- Heat oil in a kadai / pan. Add few curry leaves and fry till crisp.
- Now add all the other ingredients – bendakaya (bhindi), peanuts, curry leaves and the prepared spice mix.
- Mix well and shallow fry till bendakaya is well cooked and crisp.
- Before serving garnish with some more spice mix. This South Indian style ladies finger fry goes well with roti and rice.