LEMON JELLY RECIPE
1/2 kg Lemons (Nimbu)
12 cups (3 pints) Water
How to make lemon jelly:
- Wash and dry the lemons.
- Remove the skin, then cut them into quarters and take out the pips.
- Put the Lemon pieces in a bowl, cover with water, and keep for 24 hours.
- Boil the lemon pieces in the same water, strain through a muslin cloth.
- Measure the juice and allow 1/2 kg sugar for each pint of the liquid.
- Heat the juice, add sugar and stir till it is dissolved.
- Cook on a hot fire until the syrup sets quickly or falls in drops when tested on a plate.
- Cool and pour into jars and close the lid tightly.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...