- 1 1/2 Kgs cooking Apples (Seb)
- 1 1/2 pints Water (6 teacups)
- 2 Cloves (Lavang)
- Sugar (Cheeni)
- Juice of half Lemon (Nimbu)
How to make apple jelly:
- Cut the apples in quarters and boil them in water with cloves till they become soft.
- Drain through a muslin cloth.
- Measure the juice and allow 2 cups sugar to each pint of juice.
- Heat the juice, add the sugar and lemon juice and stir till dissolved.
- Boil on a hot fire until the syrup sets quickly when tested on a cold plate.
- Cool and pour into clean and dry jars.