Here is a very delicious vg kadai recipe restuarant style. It is a mix veg but with little more masala and spices. This veg kadai is easy and simple to make. It will raise the level of your lunch / dinner to the next level. You can relish it with naan, tandoori roti or chapati. Lets learn how to make veg kadai restuarant style.
Serves : 3- 4
Total Time: 1hr
- 2 cups Mixed Vegetable (Cauliflower, French Beans, Grean Peas, Carrot, Sweet Corn)
- 2 medium Onion
- 3 medium Tomatoes
- 6 – 7 Garlic Pods
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tej Pata
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamom
- 2 – 3 Laung
- 1 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder (For Color)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chiily Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 1/4 cup Malai / Cream
- Salt To taste
How to make mix veg kadai restuarant style:
- Chop all the mixed vegetables (except tomatoes and onion) in big chunks. Do not chop them too small. You want to retain some bite.
- In a pan parboil the vegetables. Do not over boil the vegetables.
- Take a pan, heat 1 tblsp oil in it, add the chopped vegetables and stir fry till the outer crust becomes crisp. If you want you can skip this step.
- Take out the vegetables and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and put the onions to fry.
- Stir fry them till the onions turn pink and translucent.
- Then add the chopped garlic and ginger.
- Fry till the raw garlic smell disappears.
- Then add the tomatoes and stir fry them till they become soft and mushy.
- Take the mixture out and when it is cool, grind it to a fine paste. If need be add 1 tblsp water. Keep aside.
- Now in the same pan add 1 tblsp oil, add the jeera seeds, tej patta, cinnamom, cloves and black moti cardamom. When the jeera begins to splutter add the red kashmiri chilly powder. Immediately add the onion tomato paste and cook for 5 mins.
- When cooked add all the dry masalas like coriander powder, garam masala, red chilly powder and salt. Mix well then add beaten malai. Cook till the malai gets incorporated well in the gravy and begins to leave the sides.
- Then add the boiled and fried mixed vegtables. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Cook till the gravy thickens.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with green coriander.
- Serve this easy mix veg kadai with Naan, Galic Naan, tandoori roti or plain chapathi.
- To enhance the flavour you can grate some cheese on the top before serving.