Here is a creamy paneer capsicum tomato curry recipe. This recipe is so easy yet super tasty. It can be made under 10 minutes. Perfect recipe for dinner party or lunch. Very colorful and subtle in taste. Just perfect for people who do not like spicy paneer preparations.
Serves : 3- 4
Total Time: 10 mins
- 250 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1 large onion
- 2 Large Tomatoes Firm n Ripe
- 1 Large Capsicum
- 1 Green Chilly Slit lengthwise
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- /12 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder or Chat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 2 – 3 tblsp Fresh Cream (Beaten Malai)
How To Make Creamy Paneer Capsicum Tomato Curry:
- Take 250 gms paneer and put it in warm water for 20 minutes. Then cut it into cubes. Keep aside.
- Slice the onions, tomatoes and capsicums in big chunks. Do NOT cut them in small pieces otherwise they will loose their bite. Keep them aside.
- In a kadhai or non stick pan, heat the oil.
- Add the jeera seeds. When they begin to sputter add sliced onions and slit green chilly.
- Saute for 20 seconds and then add the sliced capsicum and tomato.
- Stir fry them for 10 seconds.
- Then add turmeric powder and salt.
- Lower the flame and then add the dry masalas – garam masala, black pepper powder and amchur powder.
- Mix well and then add 1/2 cup of water.
- Now add the cubed paneer pieces. Cook on high flame for 5 – 6 minutes till the the gravy comes to a boil.
- Now add the cream or beaten malai. Mix well.
- Swtich off the flame and add the crushed kasoori methi. Mix well.
- Leave it covered for 5 minutes for the flavours to get absorbed by the paneer.
- Garmish with coriander and serve.
- This creamy paneer capsicum tomato curry goes well with naan or tandoori roti and dal makhani and spicy jeera aloo.