Beans aloo sabzi recipe is one of the simplest and easiest way to add greens to any meal. Be it lunch or dinner. This sabzi is versatile and goes well with any dal, curry or even with plain chapati and curd. This beans potato sabzi does not use any onion, garlic or tomato. Its totally sattvic sabzi. It is highly nutritious and healthy.
- 250 gms French Beans washed and chopped
- 1 big Potato (Aloo) cut in small cubes
- 1 tblsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as per taste
How to Make Beans Aloo Ki Sabzi :
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds begin to sputter, add cubed potatoes.
- Cover and cook the potato soft and 3/4th done.
- Now add turmeric powder and then immediately add beans and salt . Do not add any dry masala at this stage as they might get burnt.
- Again cover and cook till the beans are properly cooked. If you feel that the sabji is sticking to the bottom of the kadhai then sprinkle 1 tblsp of water and cover and cook till the beans and aloo are done.
- Keep Stirring occasionally.
- When the beans are completely done add red chilly powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix everything well, cover and let it cook for another 2mins for the beans to take in the masala. You can leave it till the veggies are done or you can stir fry it further to make it crunchy.
- Your simple beans aloo sabzi is ready…
What To Serve With Beans Aloo Sabzi :
Beans aloo tastes great with any kind of Dal – Yellow Moong Dal, Green Moong Dal, Kadhi, Rajma Curry or even with just plain raita.
For Meal Planning :
You can wash, dry and cut the beans and store it in a Ziplock bags for over a week. Another great tip is to use Boiled Potatoes in case you are in a hurry. This will save lots of time. Or you can fry the potatoes in a big batch and freeze them and use them as per the dish.
Storage Tips :
Cool down the beans aloo sabzi and transfer it to a storage container. You can store it up to 3 – 4 days.
Reheating Tips :
To reheat, take out the desired quantity of beans aloo sabzi in a microwave dish and heat it for 1 min and then stir it one time and then heat it again for 1 more minute.