1 seer fish
refined oilto fry
1 tblsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder
1 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
1 tblsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
1 inch ginger (adrak)
12 clovesgarlic (lasan)
2 tblsp groundnut (moong fali) oil (tel)
2 tblsp rice(chawal) flour
10-12 curry leaves (kari patta)
salt (namak) to taste
How to make neimeen porichathu:
- Clean and wash the fish thoroughly. Cut slices of about 1/2- 3/4 ” thickness.
- Peel ginger, garlic and grind to a smooth paste. Squeeze both lemons and remove the juice.
- Wash and chop the curry leaves finely.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and apply uniformly on the fish. Rest it for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry on medium high heat for 3 minutes on either side or till fish is completely cooked and golden brown. Do not crowd the pan, fry few pieces at a time.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.