2 cups yogurt
1 1/2 tblsp lemon juice
4 green chillies
1 inch ginger (adrak)
1/4 cup coriander leaves (dhania patta)
10-12 curry leaves (kari patta)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
salt (namak) to taste
How to make neer more:
- Churn the yogurt. Add about 1/4 litre chilled water. Churn briefly.
- Wash green chillies and fresh coriander leaves, wash and peel ginger. Chop all the three ingredients finely.
- Pound curry leaves with required quantity of salt.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds and crush into a fine powder.
- Add the prepared ingredients to churned yogurt. Mix in asafoetida powder. Adjust salt and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
- Strain and serve in tall glass tumblers with some crushed ice.