Kala Chana chaat is the healthiest yet yummiest chaat cum salad cum chakhna you can ever come across. It is highly nutritious and full of vitamins. This kala chana chaat is just perfect for evening snacks, in between choti-moti bhukh or even as a complete meal. It can be made mildly spicy to extreme hot by increasing or decreasing the green chillies and red chillies. A must try chaat for the health consious ones.
Kala Chana Chaat | Kala Chana Salad
- Pressure Cooker
- Kala Chana Black Chickpeas
- Chaat Masala
- Kala Namak
- 1/2 cup Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas)
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 small Tomato chopped
- 1 Green Chilly finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Haldi (Turmeric Powder)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 cup Bhujia (Besan Namkeen)
- 1 tblsp Green Coriander
- 1 tsp Oil / Butter
- Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
How to make kala chana chaat :
- Wash and soak the kala chana over night or for 6 – 7 hours.
- The kala chana will become soft and big in size.
- Now pressure cook the kala chanas with some salt for 7 – 8 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally. Check if the kala chanas are properly cooked by mashing them between fingers.
- Drain and separate the water and kala chanas.
- Now heat oil/ butter in a pan/ kadhai.
- Add the jeera seeds. When the cumin seeds begin to crackle add haldi powder. And now add kala chana, garam masala, red chilly powder, kala namak and little salt (remember you added salt while boiling too).
- Mix them well so that all the chanas get covered with the masalad. Let them cook on low flame for 5 mins.
- Now switch off the flame and add the chaat masala.
- When it is time to serve, add the chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilly and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Dish them out in a serving bowl and add bhujia and finely chopped green coriander.
- Serve them with green chutney and some more bhujia.
What To Serve With Kala Chana Chaat:
- You can serve this chaat with some thick hung curd, green chutney and imli chutney.
- You can serve with some boondi, boiled potatoes, finely chopped cucumbers and fried peanuts also.
Storage Tips :
- You can only store the kala chana if you have not added any chopped onions and tomatoes and green coriander.
- You can infact keep it ready a day ahead of any party and reheat them on the party day. Just add freshly chopped onions and tomatoes and you are ready with your in
Reheating Tips :
Microwave: Pour a little bit of water or oil to retain the moisture in the dish. Try to cover it with a microwave safe lid. Reheat it for 2 mins in microwave.
Stovetop: On low flame, reheat the kala chanas in a pan. Add a tablespoon of water if they begin to stick to the base.