Aloo chaat is very tangy and spicy mix of fried potato cubes garnished with chopped onion, tomato and pomegranate. Learn how to make Indian aloo chaat.
- 3 Aloo (potatoes), peeled
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Tamarind Chutney
- Mint Chutney
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- optional garnish – chopped onion, tomato julienne, fresh
- pomegranate seeds
- oil for frying
How to make aloo chaat:
- Dice aloo (potatoes) into a fairly large dice – 3/4 to 1 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry potatoes, till golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper.
- In a bowl, place the fried potatoes and toss with red chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala.
- Add mint chutney, tamarind chutney according to taste and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve, with toothpicks, in individual bowls, garnished with coriander leaves.
- You can also additionally garnish the special indian aloo chaat with chopped onion, tomato julienne or pomegranate.