Dahi puri is a popular Indian chaat recipe. In this dish a small hole is punched in the center of the gogappa making sure it doesn’t break and then potato and boondi mixture is stuffed in it. While serving the golgappas beaten dahi is poured over them and garnished with chutneys and sev.
It is a quick fix solution for evening pangs and for easy to make party starters. Young and adults everybody simply loves this chaat. The spice level can be adjusted according to one’s own taste buds.
Dahi ke golgappe is a North Indian chaat recipe and you can easily find it in any chaat corner. Do try this chaat and garner everybody’s praise.
Total Time: 20 mins
Serves: 1 – 2
- 11 – 12 Readymade Golgappe (Puri)
- 1 cup Thick Curd (Dahi)
- 3 – 4 tblsp Salted Boondi
- 1 boiled Potato (Aloo)
- 1 – 2 tblsp Green Chutney
- 1 – 2 tblsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- 2 – 3 tblsp Sev or Bhujia
- 1/2 tsp Bhuna Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp powdered Sugar
- Salt to taste
How to make Dahi Puri Chaat :
- Soak the boondi in some water for 10 – 15 minutes till the boondi is soft.
- In a bowl drain out the water from the boondi and add crumbled boiled potato. Also add little salt , red chilly powder and chaat masala. Mix well to make a crumbly mixture. Keep aside.
- Beat the thick curd with a beater until it is smooth and creamy. Now add salt and sugar to it and mix well. Keep aside.
- Now make a hole in the center of each golgappa and stuff some of the boondi potato mixture in the golgappas. Place them in the serving platter.
- Once done pour the dahi mixture in each and every golgappa till dahi starts spilling out.
- Now pour the remaining dahi on the entire platter.
- Pour the green chutney and then sweet tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle some red chilly powder and roasted jeera powder.
- Also sprinkle some sev on each puri.
- It is important to serve the dahi puri platter fast as the golgappas get soft and squishy very fast.
- All the ingredients can be increased or decreased according to your needs.
- To add a healthy touch you can also add sprouted moong in the stuffing.