Here is a very easy to make chilly paneer dry recipe Indian style. Chilly paneer is a very popular dish when dining out. Every body loves to eat chilly paneer. But many find it difficult to make at home. So lets know about dry chilli paneer homemade recipe. Once you know how to make it you are going to make it again and again.
Chilli Paneer Street Style
A delicious indo chinese dish. Quite a people pleaser. Everyone young and old enjoys it. Chilli paneer is nothing but marinated paneer cubes fried and served in chinese sauces, garnished with green onions.
- Wok / Kadai
- Soya Sauce
- Green Chilli
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1/2 cup Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- 4 tblsp Cornflour
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 300 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 2 tblsp finely chopped Ginger
- 2 tblsp finely chopped Garlic
- 3 – 4 Green Chillies Slit Lengthwise
- 1 Green Capsicum Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 – 2 finely chopped Spring Onions
- 2 tsp Red Chilly Sauce
- Ajinomoto (Monosodium Glutamate)(Optional)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tblsp Vinegar
- 1 tblsp Cornflour
- Oil for frying
- 1 tblsp finely chopped Green coriander
How to Make chilli paneer street style :
- Cut the paneer into cubes.
- Take all the ingredients under the marinade section. Mix well. Now with the help of cold water make thick batter. The batter should not be drippy.
- Now add the paneer cubes. When you hold the marinated paneer the batter should not drip. If it does than add some extra maida to make it thick. Mix well and keep it in the fridge for half an hour.
- After take out the marinated paneer and fry them golden brown and keep aside.
- Take the cornflour under the main heading and make slurry of it by adding 1 – 2 tblsp of water. Make sure there are no lumps.
- In a wok, heat the oil , on high flame add the ginger garlic chopped. Stir fry for 1 min or till they get slightly brown.
- Now add the diced onions, sliced green chillies and green capsicum.
- Stir fry for a min and then add red chilly sauce, ajinomoto, salt, pepper, soya sauce.
- Mix well and add 2 – 3 tblsp of hot water.
- Add the prepared cornflour slurry.
- Let the sauce thicken.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and add vinegar.
- Once the paneer begins to thicken switch off the flame and garnish with spring onions and finely chopped green coriander.
- Make sure you use fresh paneer. Paneer should not stale.
- While preparing chilli paneer, keep everything ready. If you keep looking for sauces and other things you might burn the other ingredients.
What To Serve With Chilli Paneer :
You can serve it with hakka noodles or fried rice.